COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Our specially appointed COVID-19 response team are continuously monitoring our hotel safety measures to ensure your wellbeing and peace of mind when returning to the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. The following are some of the procedures we have in place to ensure a safe and special return for you, your family and friends.
In line with Government Regulations and to provide a safe & comfortable environment for everyone, facemasks must be worn in all public areas of the hotel with the exception of when you are seated and dining. Thank you for your support we do appreciate it.
Stay and Spend Scheme - The Irish Government have announced this new scheme where a tax refund of up to €125 (through a tax credit) will be offered to tax payers who spend up to €625 on accommodation, food, and non-alcoholic drinks in hotels, restaurants and other qualifying businesses between October 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021, click here for more information.
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
• Confirmation email and communication guidance on a simple online check in process to reduce contact time at reception
• Mealtimes can be booked pre arrival
• A warm welcome awaits you. Please note, we will require evidence from international guests that they have quarantined for 14 days upon entering the country. This does not apply to guests travelling within the island of Ireland (i.e. guests resident in Ireland or Northern Ireland or from a number of countries, please click here for an updated list, anyone arriving into Ireland from these locations will not have to restrict their movements).
• Hand sanitiser station is provided at reception and we will also have safety screens in place at our reception desk
• We would ask that just one person from your party checks in with us to collect room keys and receive our information leaflet on guest measures
• Re confirm mealtimes
• We would ask our guests to be patient and observe the social distancing signage
• We will request your permission to disinfect your luggage should you require assistance
DURING YOUR STAY
• Public areas cleaned inline with government health, WHO and IHF guidelines with extra care given to common touch points
• Lift procedures will be displayed on each floor, only guests from the same party may use the lift at the same time, maximum of two guest at any time
• We would ask guests to use the left-hand side of corridors when travelling to and from rooms
• We would ask that guests do not gather in corridors or any areas and adhere to social distancing from other guests
• Guests are asked to use the bathroom facilities in their bedrooms to minimise guest/guest contact
• Contactless payment is encouraged in all areas
• All guest queries to be by telephone if possible
• Furniture may be rearranged to allow for social distancing
• PPE may be used by staff in line with government health advice
• Signage will be in place to remind and encourage regular hand hygiene & facemask wearing
YOUR BEDROOM AND HOUSEKEEPING
• Government health, IHF and WHO guidelines will be used when cleaning and sanitising guest bedrooms
• Johnson Diversey, hospital grade sanitisation, products are used throughout the hotel
• All bedroom collateral such as pencils, notepads etc will be removed from guest bedrooms and will be available on request
• Extra blankets, pillows etc will be removed from bedrooms and available on request
• Frequently common touch points will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected (ie telephones, light switches, TV remotes, handles, taps)
• Housekeeping team will wear a fresh set of PPE for each room
• Stayover rooms will not be serviced unless requested to minimise guest/staff contact
• Our linen providers, Celtic Linen, have used their extensive experience in processing healthcare linen to develop procedures for safe processing of hospitality linen for the protection of employees and customers. Celtic Linen’s expertise in serving the healthcare markets always strictly follow all stringent guidelines for safely processing contaminated linens. Celtic Linen is an EN14065 RABC accredited company which operates to the highest possible industry standards. As such, the business processes are guaranteed, and Celtic Linen guarantees the strictest quality requirements in terms of hygiene, monitoring, and continuity.
DINING IN THE HOTEL
• Please note face coverings must be worn by customers when arriving to and leaving your table.
• There is a maximum of six people from no more than 3 households allowed per table.
• Restaurant tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing
• Hand sanitising station at entrance to each dining facility
• Dinner must be booked in advance. There is no requirement to prebook Breakfast
• All meals will be served “A la Carte style”, some cold times may be available for hand collection
• All condiments will be removed from tables and can be served to you by our service team
• Single use disposable menus will be in operation
• Contactless payments are encourages throughout all dining facilities
• All tables and chairs will be disinfected after each use
• In room dining will be available with minimal team member contact
MEETING & EVENTS
• No formal or informal events, parties or meetings can be organised on the premises for more that 6 people.
• Gatherings are restricted to maximum of 6 people indoors and 15 people outdoors.
• Please note weddings of up to a max of 50 people including staff are exempt.
BEHIND THE SCENES
• Signage and hand sanitise dispensers located throughout our back of house areas
• All team members will be full training on all new procedures relating to Covid-19
• Mandatory temperature checks for all staff at the start of each shift
• Team members shifts will be staggered to ensure social distancing
• High touch points in offices are disinfected regularly
• HACCP systems updated
• Facility for Express Check out
• Contactless payment available
• For now we have replaced our handshake with a nod and a smile