Visit rivercourthotel.com to book online for future stays or for any other queries our hotel team are available to assist so please do not hesitate to contact us directly on +353 56 7723388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vouchers are the ideal gift and all our vouchers are valid for five years from date of purchase, click here to purchase.We look forward to a brighter year ahead, welcoming our team and guests back to the hotel this June!
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter for our health and safety protocols.
Our specially appointed COVID-19 response team are continuously monitoring our hotel safety measures to ensure your wellbeing and peace of mind when returning to the Kilkenny River Court Hotel. The following are some of the procedures we have in place to ensure a safe and special return for you, your family and friends.
In line with Government Regulations and to provide a safe & comfortable environment for everyone, facemasks must be worn in all public areas of the hotel with the exception of when you are seated and dining. Thank you for your support we do appreciate it.
Travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 Pandemic Please note, Ireland will be following the EU’s coordinated approach to travel restrictions in the context of COVID-19. This ‘traffic lights’ approach provides for regions across the EU and the UK to be categorised as green, orange, red or grey, on the basis of the risk levels associated with COVID-19. A combined indicator map is updated weekly by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), based on agreed criteria, including the 14-day cumulative incidence rate, testing rate and testing positivity rates. You can view this traffic light system here. Further information on travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic, including the categories of passengers not requested to restrict their movements on arrival, is available HERE.
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
• Confirmation email and communication guidance on a simple online check in process to reduce contact time at reception
• Mealtimes must be booked pre arrival
• A warm welcome awaits you.
• Hand sanitiser station is provided at reception and we will also have safety screens in place at our reception desk
• We would ask that just one person from your party checks in with us to collect room keys and receive our information leaflet on guest measures
• Re confirm mealtimes
• We would ask our guests to be patient and observe the social distancing signage
• We will request your permission to disinfect your luggage should you require assistance
DURING YOUR STAY
• Public areas cleaned in line with government health, WHO and IHF guidelines with extra care given to common touch points
• Lift procedures will be displayed on each floor, only guests from the same party may use the lift at the same time, maximum of two guests at any time in the lift.
• We would ask guests to use the left-hand side of corridors when travelling to and from rooms
• We would ask that guests do not gather in corridors or any areas and adhere to social distancing from other guests
• Guests are asked to use the bathroom facilities in their bedrooms to minimise guest/guest contact
• Contactless payment is encouraged in all areas
• All guest queries to be made by telephone if possible
• Furniture may be rearranged to allow for social distancing
• PPE may be used by staff in line with government health advice
• Signage will be in place to remind and encourage regular hand hygiene & facemask wearing.
YOUR BEDROOM AND HOUSEKEEPING
• Government health, IHF and WHO guidelines will be used when cleaning and sanitising guest bedrooms
• Johnson Diversey, hospital grade sanitisation, products are used throughout the hotel
• All bedroom collateral such as pencils, notepads etc will be removed from guest bedrooms and will be available on request
• Extra blankets, pillows etc will be removed from bedrooms and available on request
• Frequently common touch points will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected (ie telephones, light switches, TV remotes, handles, taps)
• Housekeeping team will wear a fresh set of PPE for each room
• Stayover rooms will not be serviced unless requested to minimise guest/staff contact
• Our linen providers, Celtic Linen, have used their extensive experience in processing healthcare linen to develop procedures for safe processing of hospitality linen for the protection of employees and customers. Celtic Linen’s expertise in serving the healthcare markets always strictly follow all stringent guidelines for safely processing contaminated linens. Celtic Linen is an EN14065 RABC accredited company which operates to the highest possible industry standards. As such, the business processes are guaranteed, and Celtic Linen guarantees the strictest quality requirements in terms of hygiene, monitoring, and continuity.
DINING IN THE HOTEL
Indoor dining will resume for non-resident hotel guests on Monday, 5th July 2021. Please visit our Dining pages for all dining options available at the hotel
• Please note face coverings must be worn by customers when arriving to and leaving your table.
• There is a maximum of six people from no more than 3 households allowed per table. Indoor dining is available for hotel residents only from 4th June to 4th July inclusive; for non-resident guests outdoor dining is available on our Terrace overlooking the River Nore. No advanced bookings will be taken for the Terrace for fairness to all our guests. Please visit our Dining pages for all dining options, menu samples and opening hours, etc.
• Restaurant tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing
• Hand sanitising station at entrance to each dining facility
• Dinner must be booked in advance. There is no requirement to prebook Breakfast
• All meals will be served “A la Carte style”, some cold times may be available for hand collection
• All condiments will be removed from tables and can be served to you by our service team
• Single use disposable menus will be in operation
• Contactless payments are encourages throughout all dining facilities
• All tables and chairs will be disinfected after each use
• In room dining will be available with minimal team member contact.
MEETING, EVENTS & WEDDINGS
• Meetings of up to 25 guests can take place from 7th June to 5th July inclusive (if deemed essential by the organisation). A maximum of 6 guests are permitted to be seated together.
• Weddings: Please note weddings of up to a maximum of 25 people, excluding staff, are permitted from 7th June 2021 onwards. From Monday 5th July 2021, weddings of up to a maximum of 50 guests can attend both ceremony and the wedding reception or celebration. The Government will issue a further update in July as to whether or not numbers permitted to attend a wedding will increase to 100 guests during August 2021. As of Mon 31st May, we are still awaiting guidelines as to live music and entertainment possible at weddings from 5th July 2021 onwards. Up to July 5th, no live music or dancing is permitted and no novelties are permitted (such as Photobooth, entertainers, dancers, etc). A photographer is permitted to attend in all cases.
From July 5th, up to 50 guests can attend an event indoors. A maximum of 6 guests are permitted to be seated together. Business meetings, training and conferences are included here.
BEHIND THE SCENES
• Signage and hand sanitise dispensers located throughout our back of house areas
• All team members will be full training on all new procedures relating to Covid-19
• Mandatory temperature checks for all staff at the start of each shift
• Team members shifts will be staggered to ensure social distancing
• High touch points in offices are disinfected regularly
• HACCP systems updated
• Facility for Express Check out
• Contactless payment available
• For now we have replaced our handshake with a nod and a smile