Kilkenny City has so many fantastic attractions for you to enjoy and many of these are complimentary and suitable for all ages and open all year round
We are delighted to recommend the following Free Attractions in Kilkenny City & County and we hope that you get an opportunity to enjoy them during your visit to Kilkenny. Should you wish to gain further information on these we are happy to assist
Kilkenny City Free Attractions to enjoy
• Kilkenny Castle Park & Children’s Playground - located within a short stroll of the hotel. This has to be one of our favourite’s and is very popular with locals too. Open all year round its a wonderful way to enjoy a few hours in the city
• The Parade Tower - located on the grounds of the castle and free to enter
• Butler Gallery & National Craft Gallery - located across the road from Kilkenny Castle and nestled away in a beautiful garden. One can enjoy a browse of the fantastic art & craft that Kilkenny is proud to produce and host. Exhibitions change all year so we would recommend a visit each time you stay in Kilkenny
• The Canal Walk - just across from the Kilkenny River Court Hotel with access to the castle grounds and this walk can take you for miles (if you like!). See Trail Kilkenny for more walking routes.
• Shee Alms House - Conveniently this is where the Tourist Office is located so a visit is a must
• Black Abbey - established in 1225 and was the first houses of the Dominican Order in Ireland
• Castlecomer Playground & Woodlands - located a short drive from the city
• Woodstock Gardens & Arboretum - beautiful gardens dating back to Victorian times and a wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon on the banks for the River Nore
• Duiske Abbey & High Crosses in Graiguenamanagh - a 13th Century Cistercian Monastery in a small village on the outskirts of Kilkenny
• Trail Kilkenny Walks - many walks & routes in Kilkenny for a leisurely stroll or an energetic hike
• Make in Kilkenny Craft Trail - Taking in the very best of our very talented Craftsmanship in the City
We are happy to provide more information on any of the above during your stay here in Kilkenny. We also have a fantastic Tourist Information stand with leaflets to many of these great attractions.
If you would like to book your stay in the Heart of Kilkenny City then check out our Special Offers here and incorporate touring and a relaxing stay right in the heart of the city with views of the castle on the banks of the River Nore http://www.rivercourthotel.com/en/special-offers/
For further queries please call T 056 7723388 E firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enjoy your tour of Kilkenny